Please complete the form below and we'll contact you about your appraisal.

Trusted local experts,
outstanding results
Planning & Development Section Menu

Planning & development control

Planning permission is normally required for the ‘development’ of land or buildings or the making of a material change in their use. Development is defined by the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 as ‘the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land'.

For certain forms or classes of development, planning permission is either not required or can be obtained by serving the appropriate notice on the Local Planning Authority (Prior Notification). These forms of development are known as ‘Permitted Development' and are set out by the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (as amended).

If you are unsure whether you need planning permission for a particular development, please feel free to contact Woolley & Wallis' Farm & Rural Department for a free initial consultation.

Our service also extends to development which might have been carried out without planning permission. We are able to prepare retrospective planning applications, apply for certificates of lawfulness, advise and deal with enforcement notices and appeals.

Contact Our Experts

Oliver Dallyn

Oliver Dallyn BSc (Hons) MRICS

Rural Practice Surveyor
Simon Male


Call me on 01722 424515