Woolley & Wallis Lettings
Choosing the right letting agent can be a daunting task. Whether you are a first time Landlord or whether you have previous experience you will no doubt be aware that the Property Industry is a minefield of legislation, risk and varying levels of expertise and quality. On the surface, and certainly at first glance, all of the Letting Agents appear to be offering the same service to you – but is this really the case?
At Woolley & Wallis, which has been operating independently in the local area since 1884, Lettings is handled within its own specialised department, similarly to the other facets of the Partnership, such as our Sales, Rural and Commercial Departments. We are regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA).
Each of our local offices in Salisbury, Romsey, Fordingbridge and Shaftesbury has ARLA qualified, experienced Lettings and Property Management experts to guide you through the process and our offices are always manned to offer advice and support as required.
Being a local, independent Agent we are not guided by large corporation philosophies of meeting targets and churning numbers meaning that we are able to offer a far more personable service – with all aspects of the Letting process being handled in house. Whether you wish to discuss the marketing process, a maintenance query, inspection or even an accounts discrepancy you would be able to speak to the right person in the office.
We feel that there are some clear reasons why Woolley & Wallis should be your first choice when thinking about letting property – read on to see how we think we can help you.
- Our experienced valuer(s) will be able to provide an accurate valuation for your rental property not only advising on current trends in the market but also able to offer advice on whether the property requires any works prior to being advertised.
- As the Agency uses a number of different platforms to advertise your property, such as Rightmove, On The Market and the Salisbury Journal, we are very confident that we give it the best possible exposure to be able to secure you suitable tenants quickly.
- Whilst the ever changing nature of the business does mean that the majority of enquiries come in through online platforms, our prominent office positions in all locations mean that we also have the high street presence to cover that aspect of the market as well.
- We use high quality digital photography to ensure that the pictures taken show your Property in the best possible light. We also use floorplans on our particulars to give the tenant a better understanding of the Property they are viewing.
- We have a number of different service levels ranging from a basic ‘Advertising Only’ option through various Tenant Find Services up to a ‘Fully Comprehensive Enhanced Managed Service’ which includes Legal Expenses Insurance and a Rent Guarantee to ensure you are as fully protected as you can be. We can even tailor a service to your specific needs if that is what is required. Our fee structure is clear and transparent.
- Our professional vetting of tenants is not limited to just undertaking relevant credit and reference checks. At Woolley & Wallis, we use the viewing process as an interview for tenants. Our accompanied viewings, which are carried out 6 days a week, are a vital stage of the process to ensure that not only are we finding you tenants quickly but that they are also suitable for your Property – finding the ‘Right Tenant for the Right Property’ is a key belief we stick to.
- For those that opt for our Full Management packages, your Property is managed by a dedicated Property Manager meaning that inspections are carried out (usually after 1 month, 6 months and then every 6 months thereafter) by the same person each time. The frequency of this can change to suit your requirements though.
- Maintenance is dealt with by an in-house administrator who will directly liaise with the Landlord, Tenant and Contractor accordingly. We only use the best, most trustworthy local contractors and you will only pay whatever the invoice is – no retainers are paid to the contractors and nothing is added onto the invoice for the arrangement of works.
- At the end of the tenancy we also undertake a full checkout inspection (chargeable on Tenant Find services) and report to you should we feel that deductions from a tenant’s damage deposit are necessary. We will negotiate on your behalf for a quick resolution of any dispute and also arrange all necessary works accordingly.