Lockdown tasks to prepare your home for sale
Published: 02/04/2020Although we would prefer not to be experiencing lockdown, it won’t last for ever and it is the perfect time to prepare your home for the market as soon as lockdown has been lifted.
Put your buyer’s hat on and walk through your home as if it is the first time and make notes on what you, as a buyer, would notice. Then think of ways in which you could ‘dress it’ for sale.
- Ensure your home is clean.
- Pay attention to smells – you don’t want it smelling like a fast food restaurant.
- Clear out clutter.
- Repaint the areas which are ‘tired’ and keep the décor simple.
- Let there be light! A bright, cheery room looks bigger and more inviting.
- Get rid of oversized furniture – the furniture should fit the scale of the room.
- Tackle those little things you’ve been meaning to do but haven’t got round to them – manyana is today!
- Give each room a purpose and stage the space to show case that purpose.
- Make your home easy to view so the accommodation flows and highlight focal points and special features with plants or bright soft furnishings.
- Give your home curb appeal and at least as a minimum refresh the front entrance. Often people form strong impressions and opinions of a home before going in – you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
When it’s all done and lockdown is lifted – call your local Woolley & Wallis office. We look forward to hearing from you.