Position: Lettings Assistant/Administrator
Location: Castle Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3SU
Hours: 8.45 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour unpaid each day for lunch, plus 9.00 am – 12.00pm one in three Saturdays on a rota.
The Letting Assistant/Administrator will assist the Lettings Department with all aspects of lettings and property management. Smart dress is to be worn at all times and all interactions with clients and colleagues are to be conducted in a professional and courteous manner.
- First point of contact with clients, landlords, tenants, other professionals, contractors, suppliers and the general public, primarily over the telephone but also face to face. Responding to and, where applicable, dealing with general enquiries.
- Register prospective applicants and maintain an accurate applicant database.
- Call applicants on a weekly basis to update records and to book viewings.
- Manage the diary - book viewings, market appraisals and routine property visits.
- Produce property particulars and window cards and ensure these are regularly updated.
- Organise and maintain gas safety and electrical inspections.
- Ensure the office is manned at all times.
- Submit references via external Referencing Company ensuring accuracy of data entry and chase through to completion.
- Draft new tenancy paperwork and pass for checking.
- Coordinate incoming maintenance by notifying Landlords to gain authorisation then raising detailed work sheets and sending to contractors.
- Manage the key system efficiently and ensure all keys are chased and returned at the end of each week.
- Ad hock duties such as key cutting, letting contractors into properties and anything the Lettings Manager deems necessary.
- Ensure system notes are completed following each interaction, telephone call and email and added to the Journal.
- Register The Deposit Protection documentation in line with the scheme guidelines ensuring compliance at all times.
- Maintain a substantial contractor database and ensure the relevant certificates and insurance policies are in date and filed on the system and chase 1 month prior to renewal.
- Book Inventories and checkouts at the instruction of the Lettings Manager/Negotiator.
- Notify the utility companies and council tax department of the changes in each tenancy and the meter readings at the start and end of each tenancy if applicable.
- Assist with viewings when required
- Assist with property inspections when required
25 working days plus bank holidays. After two years’ continuous service the right to take up to a further 5 days as unpaid leave.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Saturday Staff Required
9:00am - 4:00pm
Call 01794 512129 for further details