4 Bedroom Detached House For Sale
*NOW 100% RESIDENTIAL USE* No Onward Chain* The Old Chapel is a delightfully unique four bedroom detached dwelling set in the heart of the sought after village of Burbage.
Originally the village Methodist Church, The Old Chapel has been converted to a high standard by the long standing owners into a modern property. Dating back in part to 1907, the house offers flexible living accommodation over two floors whilst retaining the original Chapel features, such as the original doors. The accommodation consists of two large open plan living space, one of which is currently used as a formal dining room which flows round into the open modern kitchen with fitted wooden units and a breakfast nook with French doors leading out onto the private North facing terrace, the other is set up as a large home office. There is a further utility/kitchenette and separate shower room/w.c. On the ground floor there are three good sized double bedrooms, one with large fitted wardrobes and two with French doors leading out onto two private terraces and served by a large family bathroom. There is a further double bedroom on the ground floor.
Upstairs there is a wonderful open plan vaulted living room which is framed by the original stained glass chapel window. There is an open plan office/library space leading to the fourth double bedroom. There is a mezzanine floor leading off from the study which is currently used as more office space/storage but could make a fifth bedroom or a private home office.
Outside the property is approached by a private gravelled driveway which opens up to private parking for several cars. There is a paved patio area to the side of the house which wraps around to the front where there is a grass lawn and pedestrian access to the road through wrought iron gates. A secondary terrace, accessed through the kitchen doors, on the North side of the property offers further leisure space which is decked and bordered by raised wooden planters.
Planning permission was granted on 25th September 1997 (K/034720) for conversion of a former chapel to one dwelling with commercial offices.
Planning permission was granted on 27th February 2020 (20/00104/FUL) for conversion from partial commercial use to fully residential. Further details are available.
The Old Chapel was opened in 1907 by Lady Marjory Brundenell-Bruce, daughter of the 5th Marquess of Ailesbury. It was used for services, as a school and for other social uses up until its closure in June 1996, on its 89th anniversary. The names of the local preachers are engraved into the stones on the western side of the building and the initials of the main benefactors to the church are engraved on the southern side, There were no burials at the property.
No EPC available for this property
Other properties you might be interested in
Hollow Lane, Wilton, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8
Guide Price £850,000
Lower House Farm Everleigh, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8
Guide Price £750,000
Swan Lane, Leigh, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN6
Guide Price £590,000
Crawley Hill, West Wellow, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51
Guide Price £649,500
Ogdens, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6
Guide Price £660,000