Are you sure you want to delete your account?
You have indicated you do not agree to our terms of use, do you wish to delete your account?
Why not sign up?

You will also be registered for the agent to contact you via other means you provide, with information relevant to your property search.

There was an error creating your account, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact us and we will investigate.
Password does not match
How would you like to be contacted?

Procedure for Complaints Handling

As a firm regulated by the RICS we have a formal Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP)

As a regulated RICS firm, we have in place a CHP, which meets the regulatory requirements. Our CHP has two stages. Stage one of the CHP gives our firm the opportunity to review and consider your complaint in full. Our firm will try to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not happy with our response, you will have the opportunity to take your complaint to stage two. Stage two gives you the opportunity to have your complaint reviewed and considered by an independent redress provider, approved by the RICS.

If you have a complaint, in the first instance please contact the Manager in charge of the department or the office.  If your complaint is not resolved then this note sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint:-

We have appointed Mr A J G Cochran to deal with your complaint.    He will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days.   Please address your complaint as follows:-

Mr A. J. G. Cochran M.R.I.C.S.
Woolley & Wallis                    
51-61 Castle Street
Wiltshire  SP1 3SU                        
Tel: 01722 330333

If you have initially made your complaint verbally – whether face-to-face or over the telephone – please also make it in writing, addressed to Mr A J G Cochran above.  This is to ensure that we fully understand exactly what your complaint is and have a written record of it.  

He will investigate the matter and will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible.   You will be provided with a full response, or if that is not possible, an update on what is happening with your complaint within 15 working days.

The first stage of our complaints handling procedure will involve full consideration of your complaint by Mr A J G Cochran on behalf of the firm.  We will try to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.  If you are happy with the outcome of Mr Cochran’s investigation into your complaint, the matter will conclude.

However, if we cannot agree on how to resolve the complaint or you do not wish to rely on this method, then you have the opportunity to take your complaint to the further stage of the firm’s complaints handling procedure. This is known as the ‘Alternative Dispute Resolution’ (ADR). Please be aware that some of these bodies do charge for their work and you should clarify this at the outset.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) options:-

a) For private individual clients or any private individual (referred to by the RICS as ‘consumer clients’) reference is to:-a)

Ombundsman Services: Property (OS:P)
P O BOX 1021
Warrington  WA4 9FE

Tel: 0330 440 1634 or 01925 530 270

b) For corporate clients also known as ‘business to business clients’, redress can be through the RICS Dispute Resolution Scheme or the Surveyors Arbitration Scheme.

RICS Dispute Resolution Service (DRS)
Surveyor Court
Westwood Way

Tel: 0207 334 3809
Fax: 0207 334 3802

The Surveyors Arbitration Scheme is now two services.

The Arbitration for Surveying Disputes
70 Fleet Street
The Neutral Evaluation Procedure for Surveying Disputes
70 Fleet Street
Tel: 0207 520 3800
Fax: 0845 1308 117

Tel: 0207 520 3800
Fax: 0845 1308 117


The ‘Arbitration procedure’ is more appropriate for matters of technical detail. In most cases we would propose you select the Neutral Evaluation Procedure, but it is your choice.

c) For complaints specifically related to estate agency, residential property sales and residential lettings we are affiliated to the Ombudsman Service.  Any complaint raised to The property Ombudsman has to be done so within 12 months.

The Property Ombudsman
Milford House
43-55 Milford Street
Wiltshire  SP1 2BP

Tel: 01722 333306

If you are uncertain which procedure is appropriate for you, please ask any Partner, or any one of the above, who will be able to guide you in this respect.